At Theatre SKAM, we are doing our part to keep the health and safety of our audiences, students, teachers, volunteers and community a top priority.
The Public Health Agency of Canada has currently assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low in British Columbia. Based on their current guidance, shows and classes will continue as scheduled.
To minimize risk, we have decided as an organization that:
- Classes will be cancelled if and when the school district closes.
Our staff and volunteers are being asked to stay home if they feel unwell.
- Cleaning protocols are being bumped up at our venues and classroom locations.
- Props and costumes are removed from classes for now.
- All high-touch surfaces such as door handles, faucets, light switches, toilet flushers, paper towel handles, soap dispensers etc. are being disinfected thoroughly throughout the day and between classes.
Here’s what you can do:
- If your child/children are registered in classes, we ask that they stay home if they or anyone in their household has any cold or flu symptoms.
- If you are attending one of our events, we ask that you stay home if you or anyone in your household has any cold or flu symptoms.
Our website and Facebook page will be updated with any changes as we closely follow recommendations from Public Health Agency of Canada, HealthLink BC and BC Centre for Disease Control.
Thank you to everyone for your support and joining us in following these guidelines. If you’d like more recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel).
Thank you from all of us here at Theatre SKAM