SKAM SCHOOL FUND
When families need a little financial boost to help kids be involved in classes or camps, an application can be made to our bursary program. Simply fill out the online application before the start date of a camp or class, to ensure there is room on the list.
Applications for assistance can be submitted at any time before the start date of a class or camp.
- Fees are never sent to the parent/guardian directly. The funding is transferred directly to Theatre SKAM’s online registration program.
- All approvals are at the sole discretion of Theatre SKAM Staff, and are subject to demands and available funds.
If you are a parent or guardian, you can apply for funding on behalf of your child/children by clicking on the Application button below. All information provided will be kept confidential.
Before you start, we ask that you first be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:
- Is the child on whose behalf you are applying between the ages of 4-18?
- Is your family in a demographic which would be considered in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)? Click here to check if you meet the financial need criteria as set out in the Federal Income Table 2020.
If you can answer “Yes” to both questions, then you will need to provide the following information as part of the application process:
- Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number and email address).
- The first name, last name, date of birth of your child.
- The name and start date of the class or camp in which your child would like to participate.
- The amount that you are requesting from the SKAM School Fund.
My Mom, knowing my love of acting, helped me to apply for a bursary for SKAM, and I was lucky to get it! Being a part of the community at SKAM has helped me so much, not just with acting but also with confidence, public speaking, and even making new friends. It’s turned my admiration for theatre into what I enjoy doing most and my life’s passion.
Only a few months of the SKAM drama program (thanks to the generous bursary) and my 6 year old came out of their shell and feels comfortable expressing them-self in public and around family friends. This is the same child that would hide their face and not be able to speak unless they consistently knew the person very well.
My daughter, although a confident actress, often feels self-conscious with low self esteem. The SKAM family that you have all created has made her feel at home. She feels a part of something that she wants to continue in. AND thanks to your generous Bursary program, she is able to. It brings tears to my eyes to see her light up on SKAM days.
Support the SKAM School Fund
If you would like to make a donation to help support the SKAM School Fund, please click here.
Thanks to our generous donors Broad Street Dental, U Retreat Spa & Wellness, and Susanna Solecki!